School Site Council
Laurelwood's School Site Council (SSC)
We are proud of the work of our Site Council does that keeps Laurelwood moving forward. We are a team of 5 staff members (principal, 3 teachers, one "other" staff member) and five parents. Each of us plays the role of an ambassador to our greater community to get the word out about work being done and what is to come.
- to develop and recommend the School Plan (Single Plan for Student Achievement).
- review the implementation of the plan and periodically assess program effectiveness
- review the plan annually, and establish a budget consistent with the Education Code requirements, and make modifications as needed
- take other actions as required by the Education Code and the SCUSD School Board
Please feel free to review our by-laws as well as minutes and agendas from current and previous years (on the right).
School Site Council Members
2023-2024 SSC Members
- Paul Fuller (Principal)
- Barry Sunderland (Certified Teacher)
- Steve Ivy (Certified Teacher, SSC vice chairperson)
- Effie Tabor (Certified Teacher)
- Magali Torres-Castillo (Certified Staff)
- Lizzy Smith (parent, chair)
- Elizabeth Fitch (parent, parliamentarian)
- Amy Sargent (parent, secretary)
- Prateek Khanna (parent)
- Jennifer Lewis (parent, ELAC rep)
2023-2024 SSC Meeting* Dates
School Site Council Meetings will be combined with ELAC Meetings.
Meetings are VIRTUAL from 6PM-7PM.
- Dates coming soon.
*SSC Members will receive an email calendar invites for all of these events. A Zoom link will be included in the calendar invite.
School Site Council (SSC) Bylaws & Handbook
- SSC Bylaws approved 9-8-2015 - 3/7/18 12:29 PM
- Guide to the SPSA: A Handbook for School Site Councils - 3/7/18 12:29 PM