Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics (STEAM)
Students in grades K-5 learn Science year-round through hands-on investigations using FOSS NGSS science kits (science materials, adoption year 2017-2019). Learn more about the standards for Science.
Laurelwood S.T.E.A.M. Fair
- Science Fair packets distributed to students by: January
- Student submits Question to classroom teacher no later than: February
- Teacher reviews and returns the Proposal forms no later than: February
- Completed STEAM project (including board and notebook) presented to the homeroom class during the school day TBD 2024 and an evening event at TBD PM
- Students will take their projects home when STEAM Night is over.
Families are encouraged to guide their child in creating a STEAM project based on your child’s interest and questions.