Lunch Recess Activities
Fun to Run
As weather and staffing permits, students are invited to track their laps on mile cards as they run on the grass course. Multiple staff members support the program and encourage all students to come out and run. Students earn rewards and recognition for every 5 mile lap card they complete.
4th and 5th Grade students are eligible to participate in the National Geographic Bee and the school winner will take the qualifying test with a chance to represent Laurelwood at the State Bee.
Math Olympiad is offered for 4th and 5th grade students. Review sessions and the challenges will be held on Fridays during lunch. If your 4th or 5th grade student is interested in participating in the Math Olympiad, please fill out the following questions by Monday 10/15/18.
Note: Students are expected to attend all review sessions and challenges.
Goals of the Math Olympiad
- To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
- To introduce important Mathematical concepts
- To teach major strategies for problem solving
- To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
- To strengthen Mathematical intuition
- To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges