To report your child’s absence*, complete this form.
Please keep your child at home if they have any of the following:
- Fever or Chills
- Sore Throat
- Nausea and/or Vomiting
- Muscle/Body Aches
- Difficulty Breathing
To help keep our school community safe and healthy, we recommend using rapid tests before and after any trips and large gatherings.
Additionally, if you are experiencing COVID-like symptoms, please stay home and test. Students and staff who test negative are not required to submit their results, but should retest every two days while experiencing symptoms.
Anyone with positive test results should submit their results to their school office immediately for further public health instructions. Submit positive test results here:
- If you know in advance that your child will be absent for 3 or more school days, then, prior-to their absence, you will need to complete the Report An Absence form and then submit a hard copy of the completed form to the office.
- All other absences need to submit the Report An Absence Form electronically on the first day of your child's absence, and then submit it again each day that they continue to be absent.
- As a courtesy, in addition to submitting the required absence form above, we kindly request that you also notify your child's classroom teacher via email or other means of communication.
**Note that a reported absence is not necessarily considered an "excused" absence. Go to the SCUSD Student and Parent Information Handbook, pages 1-6, for details regarding attendance, excused/unexcused absences ("District Attendance Regulations" section), tardies, truancy, and SARB.
Students may be dropped off on campus starting at 7:55 a.m. (7:45 a.m. at the cafeteria gate if they will be eating a cafeteria breakfast), and should arrive before the line-up bell rings at 8:12 a.m.
- Classes start promptly AT 8:15 AM.
- Your child needs to check in through the office if they arrive late to school (i.e. anytime after 8:15am), otherwise they will be marked absent.
- If your child is out ill, or has a morning appointment please complete the Report An Absence form linked above.
- If your child has a morning appointment, be sure to bring a note from the doctor/dental office, so that your child's tardy can be excused.